Author: Anis H. Bajrektarević – 19/01/2022
WORLD RE-BINARIZED: A Brief history of the Sino-American collision course
Does our history only appear overheated, while it is essentially calmly predetermined? Is it directional or conceivable, dialectic and eclectic or cyclical, and therefore cynical? Surely, our history warns (no matter if the Past is seen as a destination or resource). Does it also provide for a hope? Hence, what is in front of us: destiny or future?
Theory loves to teach us that extensive debates on what kind of economic system is most conductive to human wellbeing is what consumed most of our civilizational vertical. However, our history has a different say: It seems that the manipulation of the global political economy (and usage of fear as the currency of control) – far more than the introduction of ideologies – is the dominant and arguably more durable way that human elites usually conspired to build or break civilizations, as planned projects.
US, China, decoupling, geopolitics, technology, money, freedoms, multilateralism
Continue reading, please download the Analytical Dossier AD_05_2022 ISSN 2704-6419
Other articles by Prof. Anis H. Bajrektarević published in this site:
- Binarization of Foreign Policy Conduct
- Future filled with empty Choices
- De-evolution of Europe
- 30 years after 9/11: How many Germanies should Europe have?
- Hong Kong protests: Is China a gamechanger or yet another winner?
- International Public Lecture
- Imperialism of Lullaby: Noah, Peter Pan and the Sleeping Beauty (II Part)
- Imperialism of Lullaby: Noah, Peter Pan and the Sleeping Beauty (I Part)
- The Sino-US Trade War – Winner Takes it SmAll
- Europe – the letzte Mensch or Übermensch, the new Byzantium or declining Rome
- Twinning Europe and Asia in Cyberspace
- Black Sea Competition