Author: Vision & Global Trends – 21/10/2019
The International academy of television and radio (IATR) holds the International conference «The role of media in countering terrorism» on October 22 – 24, 2019 in Limassol. The conference is co-organized by the Federal Agency for Press and Communications of the Russian Federation.
The conference is expected to be attended by top managers and journalists of the leading electronic media of the world (TV, radio, internet), representatives of diplomatic and special services, experts and international organizations.
It is planned to discuss issues of media and terrorism at two plenary sessions and round tables. The conference discussions will be supplemented by screenings of programs and films from various countries.
Plenary sessions and round tables will consider important topics like:
– New old danger: far right terrorists. Why journalists react so late?
– Information in the era of fake news. How can professional journalism maintain audience confidence?
– Renaissance of investigative journalism: the success of modern technologies?
– The Internet and social networks permeate the modern world. How to ensure computer security today?
– New journalism of bloggers and YouTubers: how to mobilize them to fight terrorism and hate propaganda?
– Nationalism breeds violence. Is the cooperation of journalists possible when everyone scatters across national apartments?